The British Association of Clinical Dental Technology (BACDT) is the leading professional association that looks to sustain and advance the ethical practice of clinical dental technology.
Established in 2009, BACDT has soon became the leading voice in Clinical Dental Technology for the UK, all our members are checked to ensure they meet all General Dental Council Regulations and the BACDT Charter.
1. BACDT members are committed to providing high quality service and products. All full members are registered with the GDC and practise in accordance with the ethical guidance.
2. BACDT members will provide clear descriptions of products and services offered and make their prices available to ensure that marketing material is truthful.
3. All materials used by BACDT members are CE marked and all custom made dental appliances are compliant with the Medical Devices Directive.
4. BACDT members are committed to keeping up to date with latest products & development in the interests of patients.
5. BACDT members ensure that they have adequate professional indemnity cover.
6. BACDT members operate within clinical environments and adhere to current infection control protocols.
7. BACDT members work within the GDC requirements for the Scope of Practice document and as part of the full registered dental team in accordance with the GDC regulatory framework, referring patients where necessary.
8. BACDT members will carry out treatment taking due care and attention to minimise any inconvenience to patients.
9. BACDT members actively uphold the GDC’s ‘Principles of Practice in Dentistry’ as outlined below:
As a dental professional, you are responsible for doing the following:
1. Putting patients’ interests first and acting to protect them.
2. Respecting patients’ dignity and choices.
3. Protecting the confidentiality of patients’ information.
4. Co-operating with other members of the dental team and other healthcare colleagues in the interests of patients.
5. Maintaining your professional knowledge and competence.
6. Being trustworthy
The British Dental Health Foundation
The BACDT are proud members of the British Dental Health Foundation. The BDHF is a leading independent registered oral health charity in the UK that along with its global arm, the International Dental Health Foundation, is dedicated to improving the oral health of the public by providing free and impartial dental advice, by running educational campaigns like National Smile Month and by informing the public, profession and government on issues such as mouth cancer awareness and fluoridation.